Learn to Dye Your Own Yarn Workshop 10/02/24
Learn to dye your own yarn with Gillian Harris, and make your own creative one-off skeins of hand dyed yarn to die / dye for, that you can then knit or crochet or weave into your own fabulous creations! :-)
In this half day workshop, you will learn :
- How to create a safe working dyeing environment
- How to prepare un-dyed yarn and what's required before you even get started with colours!
- How to mix your dyes, create different colours and effects
- How to fix your dyes
- How to rinse and care for the yarn after dyeing
Included in the workshop :
- Your own set of dyes and fixer worth £22 to use at the workshop and keep to use afterwards
- 3 x 20g sock mini skeins worth £7.50 for you to experiment with and keep (more available to purchase for £2.50 each plus we have 100g skeins and other un-dyed yarns available too)
- Tea / Coffee & Refreshments
- Course notes
- 10% discount in the shop downstairs on the day of the course
You will also be provided with Goggles; Mask; Gloves; and mixing bottles to use on the course, but these are not to take home and need to remain in the studio.
The only thing you need to bring is an apron to protect your clothes, that you don't mind getting dye on! We recommend wearing old clothes that don't matter too much too.
Max Course Attendees : 7 students
Please note : By booking one of our courses you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions, which are as follows:
Booking Ts & Cs : Please Read!
Booking a place on one of our courses is similar to booking a seat on a plane. It is not possible to swap and cancel and the "the plane must take off!"
Therefore should you need to cancel your place on a course for any reason, the cancellation charges are as follows:
Cancellation within 31+ days of course date = 50% of course fee payable unless place is re-filled.
Cancellation within 0-30 days of course date = 100% of course fee payable unless place is re-filled.
(Sometimes courses are over subscribed so we hold a waiting list and MAY be able to re-fill a place, but if you are unable to attend you are welcome to send someone in your place. Please let us know your replacement's name, phone number and email address as soon as possible before the course date.)
You can buy separate Course Insurance Cover from various companies online if you would
like to protect yourself against no attendance. (Eg : Cancelsure Insurance)