My Kid Silk Mohair Simple Easy Knit SHRUG : Free pattern!
- 2 x 50g skeins of kid silk mohair. I used our hand dyed Kid Silk Mohair in 'Boogie Wonderland' colour-way - but you could use any.
- 1 x pair 4mm 100cm circular needles for rib
- 1 x pair 5mm 100cm circular needles for main knit
You are only knitting 'STRAIGHT' - but the circular needles are longer and you will have a lot of stitches - so it's easier to use them! :-) xx
Free Shrug Knitting Pattern Instructions :
This is a roomy loose shrug. I'd recommend sizing down if you aren't sure!
Sizing : UK 8-12 Cast on 230 stitches; UK 14-16 Cast on 240 stitches; UK 18-20 cast on 270 stitches.
- 'Long Tail Cast On' 230 (240, 270) stitches on the 4mm circular needle
- K1 P1 to form a rib for 7 rows or approx 1 inch
- Change to 5mm circular needle
- Knit in stocking stitch until shrug measures approx 70cm from cast on edge.
- Change back to 4mm circular needle and repeat K1 P1 rib for another 7 rows or 1 inch.
- Cast off using 'Sewn Cast Off' (see YouTube for how to) which gives a little stretch and matches the long tail cast on pretty well in my opinion.
7. Fold your finished rectangle in half LENGTHWAYS, right sides together with the ribs together at the bottom
8. Pin these wrong sides together, leaving approx 16cm for the armholes at the top of each side. (You can leave larger arm holes if preferred!)