Free Hat Knitting Pattern : "Fashion Light Luxury Hand Dyed" How to Knit My Latest Hat! :-)
So quick to make! Here's my free hat knitting pattern for this lovely yarn. Perfect for these colder Autumnal days and as we move into Winter, top this soft warm hat off with one of our faux fur pompoms (they come in loads of colours) and all is well! :-)
A really lovely yarn, Fashion Light Luxury Hand Dyed creates patterns and stripes as you knit, and in my case created this magnificent 'oil on water' iridescent kind of patterning - which is SO pretty! This yarn is a heady mix of 74% Alpaca; 22% Wool and 4% Polyamide. Think fluffy clouds and marshmallows : super light, super soft, super GORGEOUS! Also available in a pink mix and a grey mix too!
The free hat pattern I've written below, fits my (quite large) head with lots of hair ;-) so size it down a bit if you have a small head or if it's for a child. There was LOTS of yarn left over - maybe enough for a small matching snood even!
You will need :
- 1 x 50g ball of Fashion Light Luxury Hand Dyed
- 1 x pair circular 60cm 5.5mm knitting needles
- 1 x pair circular 60cm 6mm knitting needles
- 1 x 6mm DPNs or similar (or just use the magic loop method using the same 6mm circular!)
- Stitch marker
- Faux Fur Pompom to finish! (Lots of colours to choose from ;-) )
- Using the 5.5mm circular needle cast on 70 stitches using the Long-Tail Cast On Method. (Check it out on YouTube if you don't know how to do it - it's FAB!)
- Place marker on the right needle. Join stitches to begin working in the round, taking great care not to twist the stitches.
- Rounds 1-16 : K1 P1 to create rib
- Switch to 6mm circular needle and just knit until hat measures approx 18cm from cast on edge
- Next round : *Knit 1, Knit 2 together; repeat from * to end of row. Either switch to double pointed needles, or use the magic loop method, as the stitches get less and the hat tapers towards the top.
- Next round Knit
- Repeat 5. and 6. until you have less than 10 stitches remaining
- Cut yarn tail and use a wool needle to thread through final stitches. Pull tight and knot through to inside of hat. Weave in ends and trim.
- Attach faux fur pompom or your pompom of choice ! :-) x