Sajou Round Box Cross Stitch Kit : Iris
Cross stitch kit - Iris Flower round box - Museum and Heritage Collection
In Greek mythology, Iris was a messenger of the gods, also the personification of the rainbow, creating a link between the heavens and earth. The flower is named after her due to the vast range of colours of this plant. It is, however, the violet iris which is cultivated for dyeing purposes. This flower gives a more dense colour than the violet..
This chart is taken from Sajou's spectacular pattern dedicated to Tinctorial Plants in the Museums and Heritage collection. It is embroidered in cross-stitch over two threads of fabric using two strands of Retors du Nord. Easy and amusing, it is perfect for beginners.
This kit contains:
- a piece of 32 count embroidery linen, colour cyclamen ;
- a card of Retors du Nord embroidery floss with the nine colours necessary;
- a cardboard disc and a piece of wadding;
- a round tin and a decorative sticker;
- a pattern chart with all explanations for mounting.
Presented in a cardboard Sajou box 4 x 7.3cm
Mounting instructions are included in the kit.